The Greater Hermiston Community Foundation announced grants to six nonprofits and one city ranging from $5,000 to $1,000 for its 2021 grant cycle.
The endowment fund uses investment earnings on donations to the fund for grants to community projects and nonprofits in the greater Hermiston area.
Awards for 2021 were as follows:
• Domestic Violence Services; $1,600.
• Cat Utopia, $1,000.
• Good Shepherd Healthcare System Emergency Department, $1,100.
• Eastern Oregon Mission, $3,300.
• City of Echo, $5,000.
• Hermiston Senior Center, $2,000.
• Trucare Pregnancy Resources, $1,000.
"Today is a special day for the Foundation and all the donors who have contributed to the endowment fund," Greg Harris, president of the Greater Hermiston Community Foundation, said in a news release. "With their help, in just over three years, we are now able to assist many great projects in the greater Hermiston community."
For more information visit www.greaterhermiston.com.