Photo contributed by Jordan Bemrose-Rust
Jordan Bemrose-Rust, 29, Choir teacher
1. When and why did you move to Hermiston?
I moved to Eastern Oregon for my first teaching job in Ione in 2010. My husband, daughter and I moved to Hermiston this past December.
2. What’s your favorite place to eat?
Lawan’s Thai Garden. Yum!
3. What is your favorite activity in your free time?
Spending time with my daughter.
4. What’s the last book you read?
The Hunger Games series.
5. What app or website do you use most often, other than Facebook?
My Starbucks app.
6. What surprises you about Hermiston?
How supportive and hardworking this community is!
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
I have traveled all over the world performing music. Next on my list would be Japan.
8. Describe the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you.
When I was in high school, I was talking to a very cute boy while walking and ran full speed and full force into a giant pillar in the cafeteria. So embarrassing.
9. Name one of your goals for the next 12 months.
Get completely unpacked and organized from moving.
10. What is your proudest accomplishment?
Being able to spread my love of music to my students.